Build engaged audiences through publishing by curation.
Sign up with Facebook
Sign up with Twitter
I don't have a Facebook or a Twitter account
Start a free trial of Scoop.it Business
Don't let the hype around content marketing overwhelm you. To ensure you outdo your competition and succeed, here are 10 recommendations for things to focus on
Learn why various pros believe that content marketers need:
- Timing tool
- Kindle book
- Repurposed content
- Google Plus
- 3rd party experts
- Web seminars
- Online video
- Articles on Pinterest.
Click for details.
If you like this scoop, please consider a thumbs up or share.
Are you sure you want to delete this scoop?
Great conversations with Guillaume Decugis, Mark Schaefer, Phil Buckley, Mark Traphagen & others last week convince me there's a Curatti in our future.
Conclusions from three pros on CONTENT CURATION:
- "The best content on your websites is THEIRS not YOURS. - Internet marketing moves to 90% curation, 10% creation. - There will be content & User Generated Content (UGC) “Shocks”. - Websites who tell, share & curate the best stories win. - Websites who value & gamify UGC will attract great storytellers. - The Curatti.com multi-author, multi-thread content marketing model works."
In my opinion, there is tremendous value in bringing together relevant and useful content for your audience and trying to make it easier to use.
It’s hard to believe, but content marketing as a term that describes modern strategies has only been in use for about five years. In that time, the field of c
What’s in with CONTENT MARKETING? Engaging, Informative, and Conversational!
- Answering questions
- Adding value
- Getting social
Click for all the details...
What is 2014 going to be the year of? One of my prediction is year of local. Local content, local tourism and local social. How about you?
Learn about LOCAL CONTENT opportunities for lead generation and link building. See embedded Slideshare.
Quote: "...local is winnable because very few people locally are active. I’ve called them Local Tourists. Who do you know that’s a local tourist? Someone that’s perpetually curious about local culture in your community."
See the embedded slideshare "Local Toolkit Part 1"
Good post for all with a locally focused business, to better understand the opportunities of local content from a lead- and link-generating perspectives.
A regular marketing tool for many companies, content creation became a prime method for success in 2013 and will become a definitive one in 2014. Here's what we realized about content marketing in 2013, and where we're headed into 2014.
Find out what SearchEngineLand.com realized about CONTENT MARKETING in 2013 and where they are going in 2014.
Quote: "In 2014, the realization of the dire importance of content within business models is going to continue."
Their recommendation: an editorial calendar to track, plan and evaluate.
Read all their insights by clicking.
Take note, Twitter: Not every tech company has a happy ending after a ballyhooed IPO.
A cautionary tale for those producing low-quality content. Content farm Demand Media is now at 1/4 of its peak value.
As we draw closer to the end of 2013, not a day goes by without someone committing a feverish 'future of content marketing' post into the marketing blogosphere.
Content Marketing's grown up. It...
- Has results by converstions. - Should be used for customer insights. - Must be personalized for buyer personas. - Can be used in retargeting instead of ads. - Is also useful for pre-targeting.Click to learn more.
2014 will be an exciting time for the future of content. As technology evolves and competition for user attention increases, marketers need to be agile and adapt to the growing needs and expectations of their customers.
==> "Posting new, unique content regularly on your site is NOT enough."
Moz identifies these CONTENT MARKETING TRENDS"
- "Competition to gain consumers' attention will increase - Determining the key metrics to measure content's success will be more important - Increased interest in content integration (content will be produced for multiple channels) - Experimentation with content in new mediums"Click for all the details.
Interesting matrix of products with high/low customerinvolvement and think vs emotion dimension.
It is massive, enormous, monumental, maybe even the second coming. Whatever you want to call it, we are currently experiencing more change in the marketing ecosystem then we have in the past 10 years...
MUST-READ POST on all the changes in marketing now.
- "The huge changes that currently changing mature marketing channels - The number of “Teenage” channels are coming into their own - The flurry of newborn channels that have just emerged - New channels that don’t exist today, but are on the near term horizon - Why all the change? "
Quote: "New channels and tactics create new opportunities for those that have the flexibility and risk profile to take advantage early. Change in the marketing ecosystem is only accelerating. So if you take one thing away from this post, it should be this. Adapt or die."
Great article, lots of insights on where marketing is going in 2014 and beyond.
Marketing has never been easy, but these days it seems to have gotten even harder. Consumers can skip television ads by using DVRs, close pop-up…
Of the 4 CONTENT MARKETING TRENDS, I think MOBILE is the most important. Here are its take-aways:
- "Write shorter, punchier blog posts; - Format your web site for mobile; - Geo-target whenever possible; - Make your posts actionable."
Click for details,
What are the trends for KEYWORD PHRASES in your niche? Try Google Trends.
Also check its Top Charts and Hot Searches.
Where is the smart money going in content advertising?
Here are 6 CONTENT MARKETING CATEGORIES the VCs are betting on now.
- "Content Amplification - Native Advertising - Content – Advertising ‘Blurred Lines’ - ‘Contextual’ Real-Time Bidding - Content Marketing Tools & Services - Consumer Content Curation Tools"
Read a discussion of each.
This is a guest blog contribution from Matt Ganzak, founder of EliteGurus.com and BuildNetworkPlus.com. Content marketing and SEO is getting ...
"The first step is to decide on your niche market, and do not stray from it! If you confuse Google by having so many different industries, Google will not index you with high relevance for your target industry. Choose and stay the course."
Learn steps to building a strong niche network.
As you prepare for the new year (and finalize marketing strategy), here are 12 predictions from smart and successful marketers about content marketing in 2014.
12 thoughtful predictions concerning CONTENT MARKETING.
My favs: "#4 Content becomes conversation." and #7 "..Big Content’ — “larger, more detailed pieces, often with significant investments into graphic design and editorial production.”
Pinterest news this week includes the launch of a new recipe search feature for special dietary requirements, personalized home pages (still being tested) and a functionality for GIF images.
New on PINTEREST - personalized home pages, GIFs and recipe search.
In 2014, content marketing can be expected to run with the crown and be officially appointed the king of the web. Here are five trends to watch and be aware of to help you.
Content marketing trends, as seen by Social Media Hat:
- "Content partnerships replace media buys - Visual assets over infographics - C-Suite support for content marketing - Compelling content to rise above the noise - Content marketing, the new SEO"
Click for more insights.
Fav Quote: "Brands will begin to double down on content partnerships with media outlets that are built on collaboration and creativity."
The sites with the best tools dominate the web. Facebook, Twitter, Google, YouTube, WordPress, and LinkedIn don't owe their success to content marketing because they are more than content. Here's why apps are the future of digital marketing.
==> The future of the web is only going to get more tool-based as users switch over to mobile.
STATS: Users spend 80 percent of their mobile time in apps.
THUS, digital marketers are devoting 100 percent of their time to something that users are only devoting a fifth of their mobile time toward.
Users want tools to connect and create.
Do you agree? What does this mean for your business?
The number of apps being developed is growing so fast.Over the next one to two years, many more companies will be making their own app stores.
Get a variety of ideas about the FUTURE OF CONTENT MARKETING.
Two interesting predictions from Dave Rigotti of Bizible
- "To keep it’s dominance in the B2B advertising space, LinkedIn will launch a lead generation ad format (one click to share information) much like Twitter has with the Lead Generation Card. This will effectively lower cost per lead for marketers as there will be no landing page drop off."
- "Facebook will continue to feel pressures to grow ad revenue so will open up more professional-related targeting fields to attract B2B ad budgets away from LinkedIn."
Check out all 50.
10 Top Content Marketing Predictions: 2014 // With 2014 just around the corner, what will be the trends in content marketing? What new social media marketing tactics will you need to implement? What...
CONTENT MARKETING trends for 2014 are:
- "Increased Content Marketing Budgets - Visual Marketing - Bite-Sized Quality - SEO, Search and Social - Influence Marketing - Gamification - Email is Not Dead - Again - Mobile - Online Advertising"Click for more.
To keep up with the many changes like search engine updates and content marketing best practices, here we take a look at how content marketing has changed over the past five years and what you can expect in the next few to come.
Learn why traditional CONTENT MARKETING does not work any more, what the challenges of contemporary content marketing are, and find out where content marketing is headed.
Top list of the trending topic websites, real time search engines, and social search engines.
Wow, this is a huge list of sites to follow trends.
And news-jacking, or creating a post that relates your business subtly to these current trends is a great way to get found.
Check it out and bookmark a few.
I'm on BuzzFeed all the time. but apparently I need to branch out.
Personalisation, discoverability and story-first are just some of the predictions from a panel of experts compiled by the CMA on key content marketing trends for 2014
Thoughtful projections from 7 CONTENT MARKETING experts. In a nutshell:
Robin Barnes - distributed thinking, trust
Neal Anderson - omni-channel and user experience
Will Currie - Integration of owned, earned and paid; responsive delivery, promotion and distribution
Usian Cevet - editorial home pages, print is not dead, new platforms
Joe Gardiner - exclusivity, discoverability, story first
Tom Laidlaw - mobile, daily engagement, video is a must.
Check the slideshare for details on CONTENT MARKETING TRENDS. Main concepts are above, and tweetable.
Content - Nearly half of companies (46%) now have formal content marketing strategies, and 37% are considering such strategies, according to a recent survey.
Find stats and graphics on CONTENT MARKETING TRENDS from the prestigious Marking Profs website.
"We know that brands and individuals who embrace quality media production win at the new game of business. But if you don’t have the fundamentals down?
"Don’t even think about what’s next. Do the now better than anyone else in your industry.
"That’s the beginning of your particular future."
Sharing the quote above.